Writing and Social Media Specialist
- - Engagement and Experience Team
- Evansville, IN, USA
- Full Time
Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library
Our Vision: Communities united through shared exploration and understanding.
Our Mission: We cultivate curiosity by creating wonder.
200 SE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Evansville, IN 47713
Candidates for this position must provide an original writing sample for full consideration.
Narrative form is preferred.
Start Date: Immediately
Writing and Social Media Specialist
I will be creative when writing content and aligning EVPL promotions, online library experience, and general communications under our strategic priorities with the aim to exemplify the Library brand. I will work to support a culture of knowledgeable and engaged employees working to their highest potential. I will work in collaboration with internal and external colleagues and stakeholders to advance the mission of the Library by thinking forward. I will bring original ideas to my supervisor and team in order to develop a holistic approach to EVPL communications. Through my work, I will meet community needs by continuously learning about libraries, our community, and my expertise. As an active member in the community, I will always represent the Library in a professional manner.
My Role in a Learning Organization
I know that to a library user I am the library, whether I am on the job, riding a bus, or checking out at the grocery store. In my role as the Library, beyond my positional role:
I have a postitive mental attitude and enthusiastic role
- I have a positive mental attitude and enthusiasm for the work I do and as an organizational citizen.
- I display initiative to delight a customer through creating engaging online experiences and on-brand messaging
- I communicate with library users, colleagues, community members in an effective, enthusiastic and respectful manner
- I am honest and act with integrity and respect
I have a team role
- I work collaboratively and with respect with colleagues and other teams
- I strive to have good organizational skills and work well under pressure
- I am dependable and hardworking
I have a career development role
- I am curious, and am willing to learn and develop new skills
I have an innovator and continuous improvement role
- I strive to be innovative and work toward continuous improvement
- I am self-motivated and intuitive about the work I do
- I make practical suggestions for workplace improvements
- I show persistence in the work I do
My Positional Role
In cooperation with the Engagement & Experience Team and other colleagues, I will advance the Library's mission, vision, strategic priorities, and brand by:
- Being a curious and engaged learner.
- Sharing my ideas.
- Writing and editing promotional and informational materials.
- Creating and maintaining content for social media and the EVPL website.
- Collaborating with Impact Team to develop measurements of effectiveness of communication materials and online presence.
- Developing best practice standards based on qualitative and quantitative evidence.
- Communicating with and monitoring media outlets.
- Managing all EVPL social media platforms.
- Managing and facilitating EVPL blogs and/or podcasts.
- Cooperatively working with colleagues to create, write, and edit EVPL quarterly publication.
- Working with external partners, vendors, and organizations as needed on special projects.
- Attending various meetings, trainings or committees as a member of the department.
- Leading and managing content assignments as assigned.
- Participating in special projects, or other duties as assigned.
What I Need to Know to Be Successful
I need to have an Associate's degree; a Bachelor's degree is preferred, and moderate experience working in content writing, media relations, and generating promotional material; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
I need a valid driver's license.
What I Need to Know About the Physical Requirements
My work requires the occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires sitting, speaking or hearing and using hands to finger, handle or feel, frequently requires reaching with hands and arms and repetitive motions and occasionally requires standing, walking, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, pushing or pulling and lifting; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operating machines and observing general surroundings and activities; work has no exposure to environmental conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Shhh is a four-letter word. It is not in our vocabulary!
EVPL is an equal opportunity employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts