Administrative Finance Assistant
- - Finance Team
- Evansville, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Full-time employee benefits
I will be an organizational accountability partner. I engage across the library system and auxiliary library organizations to align our work with standard financial and accounting policies, procedures and practices, as well as statutory internal control requirements. I am a communication agent with customers, donors and staff alike. I chronicle the governance of the Board of Trustees as well as auxiliary library organizations, and provide support in a multitude of departmental tasks and system wide projects I am an i-dotter and t-crosser. I ensure the highest level of accuracy in the recording and reporting of monetary transactions and the chronicling of official board business, including compliance with rules, regulations and laws governing my work. I am a steward of the organizational and public trust. I adhere to professional and ethical standards in all my work.
My Role in a Learning Organization
I know that to a library user I am the library, whether I am on the job, riding a bus, or checking out at the grocery store. In my role as the Library, beyond my positional role:
I have a postitive mental attitude and enthusiastic role
- I have a positive mental attitude and enthusiasm for the work I do and as an organizational citizen
- I display initiative to delight a customer with prudent but extraordinary customer service
- I communicate with library users, colleagues, community members in an effective, enthusiastic and respectful manner
- I am honest and act with integrity and respect
I have a team role
- I work collaboratively and with respect with colleagues and other teams
- I strive to have good organizational skills and work well under pressure
- I am dependable and hardworking
I have a career development role
- I am curious, and am willing to learn and develop new skills
I have an innovator and continuous improvement role
- I strive to be innovative and work toward continuous improvement
- I am self-motivated and intuitive about the work I do
- I make practical suggestions for workplace improvements
- I show persistence in the work I do
My Positional Role
I will work collaboratively with the Finance Team, and other colleagues to advance the Library's mission, vision, strategic priorities and brand through:
- Being a curious and engaged learner
- Sharing my ideas
- Coordinating administrative facets of the donor contribution process for auxiliary library organizations using donor software, including receipting and recording contributions
- Overseeing formal communication and engagement with donors
- Collaborating with the Finance Specialist to provide internal controls over stewardship of auxiliary library organizational funds
- Coordinating meetings of the Library Board of Trustees and EVPL Foundation for the transaction of business in accordance with state statutes and organization bylaws
- Compiling and transmitting the agenda and other meeting documents and reports to digital board management platform
- Preparing public notices of meetings and public hearings in accordance with state statutes
- Chronicling governance activities and business transacted at Board of Trustee meetings, and any board or executive meetings of auxiliary library organizations; including indexing and preparing the official minutes for binding that will serve as the official record of EVPL
- Regularly performing general office duties, internal customer support, and financial transaction support, including departmental reception; preparing correspondence and reports, etc.
- Maintaining records, files and documents as assigned
- Supporting department functions such as receipting revenue, distributing supplies internally requisitioned by departments and branches, internal mail services and other miscellaneous functions in the absence of teammates
- Participating in special projects, or other duties as assigned
What I Need to Know to Be Successful
I need to have an Associates or Technical degree and moderate experience working in an accounting, finance, administrative, or customer service field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
I have excellent skills in Microsoft products, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. I may be a preferred candidate if I have experience with donor software.
I will possess strong organizational, planning, communication and interpersonal skills. I will be a self-motivated achiever, consistent and practical in executing my work and participating in the internal control environment of the library. I will be adaptable, accepting, and receptive to and handle change well.
I need a valid driver's license.
What I Need to Know About the Physical Requirements
My work requires the occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires sitting, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and repetitive motions and occasionally requires reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling and lifting; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work occasionally requires wet, humid conditions (non-weathered); work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Shhh is a four-letter word. It is not in our vocabulary!
EVPL is an equal opportunity employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts