Experience Facilitator - EVPL Stringtown
- - EVPL Stringtown
- Evansville, IN, USA
- Full Time
Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library
Our Vision: Communities united through shared exploration and understanding.
Our Mission: We cultivate curiosity by creating wonder.
2100 Stringtown Rd
Evansville, IN 47711
Candidates for this position have experience and comfort working with a range of ages, including children, teens, adults, and seniors. Preferred candidates have experience designing and instructing programs and projects, familiarity with a range of literature genres, and comfort navigating and providing instruction on technology including computers and e-readers.
Start Date: January 2, 2019
Every interaction with library users provides me with insights that help me design experiences library users need, want and, sometimes, don't know are possible. My tech skills make me a go-to person to help inform tech solutions. I use my reading, viewing, and listening prowess to engender curiosity about library content, ideas and information. I willingly share my knowledge, skills and experiences as a mentor and coach to my colleagues. I create a sense of wonder that brings people together through events, exhibits, and library spaces. I am an advocate for a library that is open to all. I recognize that human beings are human and can be challenging, but I manage with confidence and calm. After all it is just part of a day designed to provide delight. I will work at all points of service, though I generally will do my work in an area that best suits my talents and aptitudes.
My Role in a Learning Organization
I know that to a library user I am the library, whether I am on the job, riding a bus, or checking out at the grocery store. In my role as the Library, beyond my positional role:
I have a positive mental attitude and enthusiastic role
- I have a positive mental attitude and enthusiasm for the work I do and as an organizational citizen
- I display initiative to delight a customer with prudent but extraordinary customer service
- I communicate with library users, colleagues, community members in an effective, enthusiastic and respectful manner
- I am honest and act with integrity and respect
I have a team role
- I work collaboratively and respectfully with colleagues and other teams
- I strive to have good organizational skills and work well under pressure
- I am dependable and hardworking
I have a career development role
- I am curious, and am eager to learn and develop new skills
I have an innovator and continuous improvement role
- I strive to be innovative and work toward continuous improvement
- I am self-motivated and intuitive about the work I do
- I make practical suggestions for workplace improvements
- I show persistence in the work I do
My Positional Role
In cooperation with Library Experience Supervisor and other colleagues, I advance EVPL's mission, vision, strategic priorities, and brand by:
- Being a curious and engaged learner
- Sharing my ideas
- Interacting with library users, colleagues, and community members across multiple points of service in a library facility, designated outreach/engagement locations, online, or via telephone in a manner that contributes to a delightful library experience
- Assisting with wayfinding related to facilities, services, resources, equipment, and technologies in the library and around the city-county
- Employing critical thinking skills and good judgement to find solutions and opportunities that improve users' library experience
- Actively promoting EVPL, its services, programs, resources, and experts to library users and in the community
- Proposing, planning, designing, and conducting activities, programs, events, and services under the mentorship of a Library Experience Supervisor, Librarian of Practice, or library designee
- Collaborating with colleagues to ensure and create a welcoming, safe, and secure environment
- Managing library accounts, including establishing and deactivating library cards, and handling fines and fees, or other related transactions
- Effectively communicating and interpreting policies and procedures to library users
- Supporting materials management by facilitating materials checkout and check-in, hold requests, selection and deselection, and locating and shelving of materials as assigned
- Participating in special projects, or other duties as assigned
What I Need to Know to Be Successful
I need to have a Bachelor's degree in a related or applicable field and minimal experience conducting programs for users of all ages, working in a library, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
I need to obtain and maintain through professional development credits Indiana State Library professional librarian accreditation.
I need a valid driver's license.
What I Need to Know About the Physical Requirements
My work requires the occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires speaking or hearing, frequently requires walking, sitting and using hands to finger, handle or feel and occasionally requires standing, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operating machines, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work occasionally requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
Shhh is a four-letter word. It is not in our vocabulary!
EVPL is an equal opportunity employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts