Part-time Customer Experience Representative - EVPL McCollough
- - EVPL McCollough
- Evansville, IN, USA
- Part Time
Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library
Our Vision: Communities united through shared exploration and understanding.
Our Mission: We cultivate curiosity by creating wonder.
5115 Washington Ave.
Evansville, IN 47715
Hours: Part-time position is scheduled an average of 20 hours per week
Must be available to work all public service hours; including evenings, weekends, and Sunday.
Start Date: December 21, 20018
Customer Experience Representative
I will be confident and competent when providing direct and telephonic customer service to current and potential library customers, explaining library policies, assisting with library technology or customer questions, shelving or repairing materials. I understand my role within the organization is to provide the best experience for our customers and while some customers may be more challenging than others, I must perform my function professionally and demonstrate patience. As part of my team, I must communicate with all levels of the department to ensure all tasks are covered should a team member need to be off work or fall behind.
My Role in a Learning Organization
I know that to a library user I am the library, whether I am on the job, riding a bus, or checking out at the grocery store. In my role as the Library, beyond my positional role:
I have a positive mental attitude and enthusiastic role
- I have a positive mental attitude and enthusiasm for the work I do and as an organizational citizen
- I display initiative to delight a customer with prudent but extraordinary customer service
- I communicate with library users, colleagues, community members in an effective, enthusiastic and respectful manner
- I am honest and act with integrity and respect
I have a team role
- I work collaboratively and with respect with colleagues and other teams
- I strive to have good organizational skills and work well under pressure
- I am dependable and hardworking
I have a career development role
- I am curious, and am eager to learn and develop new skills
I have an innovator and continuous improvement role
- I strive to be innovative and work toward continuous improvement
- I am self-motivated and intuitive about the work I do
- I make practical suggestions for workplace improvements
- I show persistence in the work I do
My Positional Role
In cooperation with the Customer Experience Supervisor and other colleagues, I will advance the Library's mission, vision, strategic priorities and brand by:
- Being a curious and engaged learner
- Sharing my ideas
- Efficiently working the circulation desk; processing materials, collecting fees and addressing issues referred by staff
- Professionally verifying customer information before checking library materials in and out; explaining privileges for holding a library card; issuing library cards to customers
- Assisting customers with library technology, understanding policies, programs, or services offered by the library
- Participate in weeding and organizing materials; addressing missing item parts returned by customers
- Competently collecting and recording monies received
- Occasionally attending meetings as a member of the department
- Sporadically performing duties of a Book Shelver
- Occasionally working the customer responding to inquiries related to customer or staff requests
- Participating in special projects, or other duties as assigned
What I Need to Know to Be Successful
I need to have a high school diploma or GED and minimal experience working in customer service, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
I need reliable and timely transportation to and from work.
What I Need to Know About the Physical Requirements
My work requires the occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force, frequent exertion of up to 25 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 50 pounds of force; work regularly requires speaking or hearing and using hands to finger, handle or feel, frequently requires sitting, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions and frequently requires standing, walking, climbing or balancing and stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling; work requires close vision; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, operating machines and observing general surroundings and activities; work occasionally requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Shhh is a four-letter word. It is not in our vocabulary!
EVPL is an equal opportunity employer.