Emergency Management Assistant - EVPL Central
- - Human Resources and Organizational Development Team
- Evansville, IN, USA
Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library
Our Vision: Communities united through shared exploration and understanding.
Our Mission: We cultivate curiosity by creating wonder.
200 SE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Evansville, IN 47713
Hours: Temporary position is scheduled an average of 20 hours per week.
Start Date: Immediately
Temporary Emergency Management Assistant
I will be an organized and strong team member. I recognize I must efficiently prioritize my tasks to meet all needs of the coworkers I support while maintaining confidentiality, professionalism and accurate records. Additionally, I will be a forward thinker and proactive worker to aid the library in better serving their customers.
My Role in a Learning Organization
I know that to a library user I am the library, whether I am on the job, riding a bus, or checking out at the grocery store. In my role as the Library, beyond my positional role:
I have a postiive mental attitude and enthusiastic role
- I have a positive mental attitude and enthusiasm for the work I do and as an organizational citizen
- I display initiative to delight a customer with prudent but extraordinary customer service
- I communicate with library users, colleagues, community members in an effective, enthusiastic and respectful manner
- I am honest and act with integrity and respect
I have a team role
- I work collaboratively and with respect with colleagues and other teams
- I strive to have good organizational skills and work well under pressure
- I am dependable and hardworking
I have a career development role
- I am curious, and am willing to learn and develop new skills
I have an innovator and continuous improvement role
- I strive to be innovative and work toward continuous improvement
- I am self-motivated and intuitive about the work I do
- I make practical suggestions for workplace improvements
- I show persistence in the work I do
My Positional Role
In cooperation with the Human Resources team and other colleagues, I will advance the Library's mission, vision, strategic priorities, and brand by:
- Being a curious and engaged learner
- Sharing my ideas
- Assisting in the development, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of all-hazards emergency plans
- Regularly performing general office duties and clerical support for the Human Resources and Equity and Well-being team, including preparing correspondence and reports
- Upholding confidentiality is required in performance of all duties
- Participating in special projects, or other duties as assigned
What I Need to Know to Be Successful
I need to have an Associates/Technical degree or in pursuit of a degree in corporate safety or emergency management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. I need to have excellent skills in Microsoft products, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.
I need a valid driver's license.
What I Need to Know About the Physical Requirements
My work requires the occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force; work regularly requires sitting, speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and repetitive motions and occasionally requires reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling and lifting; work has standard vision requirements; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work occasionally requires wet, humid conditions (non-weathered); work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Shhh is a four-letter word. It is not in our vocabulary!
EVPL is an equal opportunity employer.