Customer Experience Supervisor - EVPL McCollough
- - EVPL McCollough
- Evansville, IN, USA
- Full Time
Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library
Our Vision: Communities united through shared exploration and understanding.
Our Mission: We cultivate curiosity by creating wonder.
5115 Washington Ave
Evansville, IN 47715
Start Date: January 1, 2020
Customer Experience Supervisor
I will be a strong and qualified supervisor when leading the circulation and activities staff. As a leader, I will be a strong team player when helping each department succeed whether that includes filling in for a coworker or advising subordinates on best practices. I acknowledge the success of my department has a direct impact on the satisfaction of library customers and I must ensure all staff are properly trained on applying library procedures and policies to effectively communicate them to library customers. Furthermore, I will accurately maintain records to ensure all reports reflect up to date information.
My Role in a Learning Organization
I know that to a library user I am the library, whether I am on the job, riding a bus, or checking out at the grocery store. In my role as the Library, beyond my positional role:
I have a postitive mental attitude and enthusiastic role
- I have a positive mental attitude and enthusiasm for the work I do and as an organizational citizen
- I display initiative to delight a customer with prudent but extraordinary customer service
- I communicate with library users, colleagues, community members in an effective, enthusiastic and respectful manner
- I am honest and act with integrity and respect
I have a team role
- I work collaboratively and with respect with colleagues and other teams
- I strive to have good organizational skills and work well under pressure
- I am dependable and hardworking
I have a career development role
- I am curious, and am eager to learn and develop new skills
I have an innovator and continuous improvement role
- I strive to be innovative and work toward continuous improvement
- I am self-motivated and intuitive about the work I do
- I make practical suggestions for workplace improvements
- I show persistence in the work I do
My Positional Role
In cooperation with the Experience Manager and other colleagues, I will advance the Library's mission, vision, strategic priorities and brand by:
- Being a curious and engaged learner.
- Sharing my ideas.
- Actively supervising cutomer experience staff; interviewing, hiring and training staff; scheduling, assigning and evaluating work; coaching, disciplining, promoting and terminating staff.
- Occasionally working the reference desk responding to inquiries related to customer or staff requests.
- Efficiently processing materials, collecting fines and addressing complex issues referred by staff.
- Frequently assisting customers with library technology and customer owned technology devices.
- Correctly shelving, weeding and organizing materials.
- Preparing and updating statistics, reports and records relating to customer accounts, library service usage and staff supervision.
- Collecting, balancing and recording monies received.
- Professionally attending meetings as a representative of the department.
- Assisting with maintaining adequate inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Regularly working the circulation desk.
- Developing, presenting and promoting programming.
- Participating in special projects, or other duties as assigned.
What I Need to Know to Be Successful
I need to have a high school diploma or GED and experience working as a Customer Experience Representative, in customer service, minimal supervisory experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
I need a valid driver's license.
What I Need to Know About the Physical Requirements
My work requires the occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force, frequent exertion of up to 25 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 50 pounds of force; work regularly requires speaking or hearing and using hands to finger, handle or feel, frequently requires sitting, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling, lifting and repetitive motions and occasionally requires standing, walking, climbing or balancing and stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling; work requires close vision; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, operating machines and observing general surroundings and activities; work occasionally requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Shhh is a four letter word. It's not in our vocabulary!
EVPL is an equal opportunity employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts