Facilities Technician I
- - Facilities and Custodial Team
- Evansville, IN, USA
- Full Time
Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library
Our Vision: Communities united through shared exploration and understanding.
Our Mission: We cultivate curiosity by creating wonder.
200 SE Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Evansville, IN 47713
Hours: Full time
Must be available to work all public service hours; including evenings, weekends, and Sunday.
Full Time Employee Benefit Summary
Start Date: January 2, 2020
Facilities Technician I
I will be an experienced and resourceful technical employee while ensuring all aspects of the Library facilities are in proper working order. I understand my role within the Library is to aide in the customer experience and that includes safety, security, and cleanliness of all facilitiesI will relentlessly be enthusiastic when performing my tasks as I understand my attitude will promote additional positive attitudes throughout the Library. I recognize responding to emergency or after hour requests is my responsibility within my role, I vow to maintain my optimism while serving the Library and its customers.
My Role in a Learning Organization
I know that to a library user I am the library, whether I am on the job, riding a bus, or checking out at the grocery store. In my role as the Library, beyond my positional role:
I have a positive mental attitude and enthusiastic role
- I have a positive mental attitude and enthusiasm for the work I do and as an organizational citizen
- I display initiative to delight a customer with prudent but extraordinary customer service
- I communicate with library users, colleagues, community members in an effective, enthusiastic and respectful manner
- I am honest and act with integrity and respect
I have a team role
- I work collaboratively and with respect with colleagues and other teams
- I strive to have good organizational skills and work well under pressure
- I am dependable and hardworking
I have a career development role
- I am curious, and am willing to learn and develop new skills
I have an innovator and continuous improvement role
- I strive to be innovative and work toward continuous improvement
- I am self-motivated and intuitive about the work I do
- I make practical suggestions for workplace improvements
- I show persistence in the work I do
My Positional Role
In cooperation with the Facilities Manager, Assistant Facilities Manager, and other colleagues, I will advance the Library's mission, vision, strategic priorities and brand by:
- Being a curious and engaged learner
- Sharing my ideas
- Effectively monitoring, completing work activities utilizing electronic work order system
- Backup monitoring and making minor adjustments to the HVAC systems using dedicated software
- Efficiently monitoring and repairing minor to moderate plumbing issues; replacing fixtures and clearing drains as needed
- Regularly monitoring and repairing minor to moderate electrical and/or fixture repair, including changing blubs and ballast as assigned; replacing fixtures as needed
- Performing interior painting as assigned
- Correcting minor parking lot surface maintenance including painting of stripes and numbers/lettering
- Occasionally rebuilding or remodeling of interior spaces as assigned
- Repairing or refinishing carpentry and furniture as needed
- Correcting minor roofing systems and/or guttering repairs as assigned
- Examining emergency lighting systems, making minor to moderate repairs
- Inspecting fire extinguishers monthly
- Providing access to inspectors and communicating with security vendor for facility fire alarm and sprinkler testing
- Actively researching and recommending methods, materials and supplies, including cleaning supplies as assigned; purchasing material
- Proactively driving and maintaining the equipment and parts inventory of the facilities department van
- Proficiently completing requests for new electrical service, cabling or office moves
- Professionally meeting with vendors or contractors as needed or assigned; performing minor backup duties of the Assistant Facilities Manager or Facilities Technician II
- Commonly assisting Assistant Facilities Manager in developing and maintaining a preventative maintenance schedule; conducting preventive maintenance as prescribed. Meeting vendor representatives for vendor preventative maintenance visits
- Ensuring the completion of landscaping project with contracted vendors; performing minor repairs to landscaping
- Performing snow removal and other inclement weather activities; working with snow removal contractors ensuring safe conditions on exterior surfaces
- Rotationally serving on emergency after hours on-call programs; cell phone stipend provided
- Skillfully communicating with others within the library by telephone and electronic message
- Participating in special projects, or other duties as assigned
What I Need to Know to Be Successful
I need to have a high school diploma or GED and extensive experience working in a trade, in facilities maintenance, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
I must have the ability to work with standard janitorial or maintenance equipment and preventive, scheduled or corrective maintenance where equipment is used for repairing, cleaning, replacing after wear, or for malfunctions or break downs.
I need a valid driver's license.
What I Need to Know About the Physical Requirements
My work requires the regular exertion of up to 25 pounds of force, frequent exertion of up to 50 pounds of force and occasional exertion of up to 100 pounds of force; work regularly requires speaking or hearing, using hands to finger, handle or feel and lifting, frequently requires standing, walking, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms and pushing or pulling and occasionally requires sitting and tasting or smelling; work requires close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus, depth perception, color perception, night vision and peripheral vision; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, using of measuring devices, assembly or fabrication of parts within arm's length, operating machines, operating motor vehicles or equipment and observing general surroundings and activities; work frequently requires working in high, precarious places, exposure to outdoor weather conditions and exposure to the risk of electrical shock and occasionally requires wet, humid conditions (non-weather), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to vibration and exposure to blood borne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment; work is generally in a moderately noisy location (e.g. business office, light traffic).
Shhh is a four-letter word. It is not in our vocabulary!
EVPL is an equal opportunity employer.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts